Redlands Festival General Rules and Conditions of Competition
1. The Redlands Modern Country Music Club Incorporated (RMCMC) shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to property or for injury to persons, however caused, during the festival.
2., Drum Kit, PA and Amplifiers will be supplied by the RMCMC and will be the only equipment used other than musical instruments. Maximum of four instruments in Backing Band (except for Group Section)
3. Contestants are responsible for arranging their own musical backing. Pre-recorded audio tapes, disks or other electronic media will not be accepted as backing material, except as specified in some events.
4. All contestants must report to Registration Desk to confirm participation upon arrival and to Stage Marshal no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the relevant section. Failure to so will result in disqualification
5. Entries must be on the official entry form (or a photocopy) and accompanied by the required entry fees. Payments will also be exepted via a Direct Debit to our bank account or via PayPal in the Online Entry section of the Festival entry web page.
6. The festival organising committee may reject any entry at its discretion.
7. Entry numbers in some sections may be limited at the organiser’s discretion, depending upon the number of nominations received. Event nomination fees are non-refundable except where nomination is not accepted.
8.Any Section with less than three (3) people competing will NOT be eligible for Champion of Champions as per Champs Rules. In the event of any section with less than five (5) entries, these may be combined, e.g Male & Female Vocal into one (1) section.
9. Decisions made by the Competition Judges and Festival Officials are final.
10. When in or around the stage area, contestants will obey the directions of the M.C. and stage marshals at all times and must appear in the order listed unless otherwise approved. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
11. Age Group Sections (effective as at 20th May 2016) are:
12. BACKING VOCALS Throughout individual vocal sections, backing vocals will not be permitted.
13. AGE GROUPS A contestant may appear only once per section. In age group sections, an individual may only compete in the age group for which they are eligible (as defined in rule 11 above). Contestants appearing in age group sections may also nominate for Open events.
14. OPEN NOVICE. This section is restricted to individual vocal solo or instrumental performers who have never been awarded a First prize at a Country Music Festival competition. As well as this section Novices are encouraged to compete in other events as an individual and/or as a member of a duo, group.
15. SONGWRITERS. This section is pre-judged. The winners will be invited to perform at the Festival prior to the awards. If unable to do so, the winning CDs will be played. A limit of three (3) songs per writer is allowed and three (3) clear copies of lyrics must be presented for each song. Refer Songwriters Entry Form.
16. GOLDEN and ULTRA GOLDEN EVENTS:Competitors in this section MAY enter the Senior Male or Female Vocal section. They may also enter other Senior and Open Events.
17. AUSTRALIAN BUSH BALLAD/SONG EVENTS: Contestants must present a purely Australian bush ballad/song item. This can be either a traditional or a contemporary bush ballad/song.
18. DUET and GROUP EVENTS: For each Duet and Group event, an individual is restricted to appearing only once as a member of a duo and once as a member of a group in each respective section. This excludes members of the backing band.
19. COUNTRY GOSPEL EVENTS: Must be a song of praise and be country in content.
20.ANYTHING GOES – COMEDY: The contestant entertains the audience using a “country music” theme. Backing track is allowed for this event. This event can be solo, duo or group.
21. PERFORMERS CHOICE:Can be anything the contestant wishes to perform and doesn’t necessarily have to be country. Backing track is allowed for this event. This event can be solo, duo or group.
22. COUNTRY ROCK: Must be recorded as a country rock song, not a country song rocked up.
23. ROCKABILLY: Material to be mid 50’s to mid 60’s – Country-Rock & Roll crossover e.g Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins
24. PROGRAM. We will make every effort to adhere to the programme, however the festival committee accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience caused by unforseen programme alterations.