Redlands Modern Country Music Club Incorporated
2020 Festival General Rules and Conditions of Competition
1. Entries must be on the official entry form (or a photocopy) and accompanied by the required entry fees.
2. The festival organising committee may accept an entry at its discretion.
3. All contestants must report to Registration Desk to confirm participation upon arrival and to Stage
Marshal no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the relevant section. Failure to so will result in
4. Drum Kit, PA and Amplifiers will be supplied by the RMCMC and will be the only equipment used other
than musical instruments. Maximum of four instruments in Backing Band (except for Group Section)
5. Contestants are responsible for arranging their own musical backing. RMCMC can provide a backing
band for each section if required. To save time contestants may be grouped by club in a section to
economise on changeover times.
6. Decisions made by the Competition Judges and Festival Officials are final.
7. When in or around the stage area, contestants must follow the directions of the M.C. and stage marshals
at all times and must appear in the order listed unless otherwise approved. Failure to comply may result in
8. The Redlands Modern Country Music Club Incorporated (RMCMC) shall not be responsible for the loss
of or damage to property or for injury to persons, however caused, during the festival.
9. Age Group Sections (effective as at February 2020) are: Juvenile - 12 years and under; Junior - 13 years
and up to 17 years; Seniors - over 18 years; Golden Oldies- over 50 years; Open – all ages
10. A contestant may appear only once per section. In age group sections, an individual may only compete in
the age group for which they are eligible (as defined in rule 9 above). Contestants appearing in age group
sections may also nominate for Open events.
11. Entry numbers in some sections may be limited at the organiser’s discretion, depending upon the number
of nominations received. Event nomination fees are non-refundable except where nomination is not
12. In all events backing vocals are not to be used.
13. OPEN NOVICE section is restricted to individual vocal solo or instrumental performers who have never
been awarded a First Place at a Country Music Festival competition. As well as this section Novices are
encouraged to compete in other events as an individual and/or as a member of a duo, group.
14. GOLDEN OLDIES EVENTS: Competitors in this section MAY enter the Senior Male or Female Vocal
section. They may also enter other Senior and Open Events.
15. AUSTRALIAN BUSH BALLAD/SONG EVENTS: Contestants must present a purely Australian bush
ballad/song item. This can be either a traditional or a contemporary.
16. DUET and GROUP EVENTS: For each Duet and Group event, an individual is restricted to appearing
only once as a member of a duo or a group. A group must be a maximum of five (5) competitors. This
excludes members of the backing band.
17. ROCKABILLY: Material to be mid 50’s to mid 60’s – Country-Rock & Roll crossover e.g Jerry Lee
Lewis, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins
18. We will make every effort to adhere to the programme, however the festival committee accepts no
responsibility for any inconvenience caused by unforseen programme alterations.
19. PRIZES each place winner in a section will receive a medallion and section winner will receive a $50
cash prize. The overall festival winner will receive $250.
For more information visit our website www.redlandscountry.asn.au